NHBRC Registration

What you need to know

All Home Building Companies must be registered with the NHBRC. 

Good to know

Our fees is a facilitation and excludes the NHBRC costs.  

Price :  R1990
How long does it take?   21 Days

Call Centre
021 595 4433

060 070 2089

Frequently Asked Questions

The National Home Builders Registration Council.

To regulate the home building environment and to protect the homeowner from poor quality workmanship.

All financial institutions recognize the NHBRC so it is easier for homeowners to secure funding for the build . In the unfortunate event that the builder does not complete the work to the required standard, the NHBRC Warrantee Fund will finance the completion of the project to the required standards.  NHBRC also provides  the builders with access to technical knowledge and free training.


Yes!  A fine not exceeding R25000 or one year in prison for each director. 

The Warrantee Fund (paid by the builder) is an assurance fund which protects the homeowner in the event that the builder does not repair disputed poor workmanship. The warrantee is valid for five years for structural damage, one year against roof leakages and 3 months for poor finishes. 

If the builder has been liquidated or is unwilling or unable to repair the defects, then the NHBRC is responsible to rectify the poor workmanship. 

Yes, it is the conveyancing attorney’s responsibility to ensure that all new residential buildings are enrolled with the NHBRC.

The enrolment fees are based on a percentage of the value of the land plus the building value and start from R 6 500 up to a maximum value of R 34 000. 

Currently R 500 000 is the maximum amount the NHBRC will pay out. It covers the owner’s accommodation, storage, transportation, demolition, debris removal, repairs and professional fees.

The builder is required to notify the NHBRC five days prior to completion of major building phases such as Foundation, Superstructure, Practical Completion and Storm water to allow the inspector to sign off on the workmanship which will allow the contractor to continue.  

No, but you need an exemption before construction starts. 

575 Reviews
Copyright Swiftreg 2022
Terms and Conditions