Import and Export License

What you need to know

This application is for a combined Import and Export license  or CNN code.  

Good to know

You will need to appoint a Public Officer for your company if you have not already done so before we can proceed. 

Price :  R2650
How long does it take?   7-14 Days

Call Centre
021 595 4433

060 070 2089

Frequently Asked Questions

In line with South Africa’s the latest regulations a company or individual is required to have an import export license (also known as a customs code) to import or export cargo which is worth more than R50,000 or if you have made more than 3 imports or exports in a calendar year. It is also called a CNN code.
The CNN code or import/export license is needed as it is required to be presented to Customs in order to clear your goods.  
It is the same application, same requirements and same price to apply for both services in one  application.   Since we never know what is around the corner, it is handy to have both if the market or your business circumstances suddenly change overnight.  If you only have one service, you will have to pay again for the second application.  It also doesn’t expire or have any renewal fees – once you have it is yours for ever.
An CNN number is not transferable between entities so for example you can’t transfer a CNN number from an individual to a company.  We advise that the CNN number is in the company’s name since it is owned by the company and not an individual.  It is therefore an asset that will transfer along with the sale of the company to new owners should it be sold.  If the CNN number is in the name of an individual, it can’t be transferred or sold as an asset. 
No, it is a once off registration that does not need to be renewed, nor does it attract any further registration fees or annual dues. 
If you are exporting goods to Europe or Southern Africa (SADC), we would recommend that you also register for a EUR1 or SADC certificates so that you can benefit from the import duty tax reductions and exemptions.  You can apply for these registrations at the same time as your Import/Export license.
The Public Officer for a company is the person who is responsible for all matters relating to SARS and the Africa company’s representative for SARS.  In May 2021, SARS introduced tighter measures for companies interacting with SARS and will no longer process any SARS services for companies with no Public Officer appointed. 
No, Your Tax number is your income tax registration number and different from an Import/Export license which needs to be applied for.  An Import/Export license starts with CNN 
645 Reviews
Copyright Swiftreg 2024
Terms and Conditions